General Suggestions for Car Crushers 2

Disclosure:
I would like to disclose that I have no hate towards the Car Crushers 2 Developers and I respect them for being able to make what CC2 is right now. This entire post is intended to point out the recent decisions when it comes to recent updates. I am also part of the Management and Testing Team of CC hence there’s no bias towards anybody here and this post is intended to be an opinion.

Introduction:
Player Retention is an integral part of determining a game’s success as it determines the player’s interest in a game, and in the case of Roblox Premium Users, it generates money for the game (eXpErIeNcE) developer (as far as I am aware).

In the case of Car Crushers 2, there has been several implementations that has the objective of retaining players in the game for extended periods of time.

CC2 Player Retention Methods:

1. Mission Hub Assignments
    This refers to Powerup Master, Juggernaut Champion, Intro Assignment, Master of Gamemodes, Velocity Tuner, Stunt Champion, Race Tourer, Drift Legend, and XP Crushers, which encourages players to do certain tasks to acquire “basic” limiteds.
  2. Seasonal Events
    This includes Christmas Event 2020 (Present Drop), Christmas Event 2021 (Present Drop), Winter Event 2022 (Snowman Hunt), Easter Egg Hunt 2022, Spring Challenge 2022, Halloween Event 2022 (with Boss Race and Halloween Hunt), Christmas Event 2022 (with Snowman Hunt and Snowball Fight), Halloween Event 2023, and Christmas Event 2023, which encourages players to do extensive tasks to acquire seasonal limiteds.
  3. 2X Booster Events
    This involves giving away of boosters after a specific amount of playtime, which encourages players to stay in the game in order to get boosters that help with their progress.
  4. Daily Missions
    This encourages players to play the game daily in order to acquire limited vehicles that can only be obtained within a certain period.

Problems:
The first concern I have, that I might even share with other CC Players, is that rewards for seasonal events have gotten so underwhelming and does not feel “special” like how they are being shown to players, and the process of getting them has gotten so overwhelming to the point that spending hours is just not worth it anymore. I clearly am aware that they are optional and is not required, however the rewards does not feel rewarding at this point.

Let’s take the Christmas Event 2023 for example, just to do a single completion of 10,000 XP, you are going to get yourself spend hours in the game and I am well aware that the majority of people are just gonna go for the rewards within the 10,000 XP Range, but the rewards after that are completely unrewarding, sure they are “limited only” but that does not justify enough to make it challenge-worthy (it’s not like the game is challenging you anyway or is required, but the point here is it’s not rewarding at all).

While that sudden increased difficulty is not seen in seasonal events until the introduction of XP System, I should say that the rewards should be rewarding enough instead of just having them lay around and expect players to just do it for the flex and giggles.

Second Concern I have is how just the game is trying to force players to stay in the game for extended periods of time, this part however now focuses on daily missions. Even though the player requirement has been adjusted from 5 to 3 (after being increased to 5) for multiplayer and (please let’s not get here) competition races, sure one can just skip it with credits (or worse, let their daily mission streak end), but it is infuriating on how the game is trying to force players deal with a mostly broken feature (largely referring to race competitions) and let them suffer with it.

On the subject of broken features (while the feature itself was broken), even one person in the Car Crushers Community have just let themselves lose their streak (as far as I am aware) upon receiving race competitions then getting multiplayer race, which they can’t complete because the mission is broken. Let the following evidences explain for themselves.
https://discord.com/channels/242263977986359297/242263977986359297/1189945975603744820

I don’t even understand how this CC2 Suggestion has been disregarded by the Developers even after people demanding for it to change because it’s just getting infuriating. Sure, go ahead re-rolling is an option but there are still situations when you can get another race related mission. Sure, these are just “suggestions” which does not guarantee its implementation but the voices of the community already says it that it has to be removed, and even worse, it has been made harder by increasing the player requirement. Even derby missions are now easier when compared to race-related missions.

Another concern I have is the lack of transparency, one thing that left people shocked was how all of a sudden race-related missions immediately required 5 players and it was never stated in the CC2 Update Logs in the Discord.

There is a reason why I have stayed with the Car Crushers Community, which is that it is unlike other games out there, Car Crushers is just more manageable and just comparably better in various ways. But now seeing all of these happen, I am deeply disappointed.

Conclusion:
As this post is under suggestions, I’ll dedicate this portion of this post to my suggestions alongside the corresponding reasons behind them.

First is, make the seasonal events at least more justified to grind for, or if not, make it less difficult since the rewards nowadays are just outright unrewarding.

Second is, get rid of race-related missions in the daily mission, everyone has been demanding for it and it is time for this change. Everyone will just get more infuriated as that is slapped onto their faces.

Third is, please be transparent with every changes that is published in the game. What even is the point of having a “cc2_update_logs” when it does not even show all the recent changes in the game (looking at that sudden 5-player requirement for race-related missions).

16 Likes

Adding to transparency, the shadow nerfing and shadow buffing of vehicles

3 Likes

also, the fact that paying 190 robux to skip the 2023 christmas challenge doesn’t even give you the full rewards. personally, i wouldn’t mind paying more than 190 robux just to guarantee it skips the full challenge and gives you full rewards. (make it more clear)

the xp system was introduced to make missions easier to do (for example, mastery) however most people feel that it makes it more repetitive. i understand it is impossible to make EVERYONE happy, and i don’t mind a bad change in my eyes if it makes hundreds more happy. however, i am not alone in thinking that the xp system is not a good fix to missions.

remember that it is impossible to make everyone happy, and that’s fine.

3 Likes

I feel like changing this to complete a certain amount of laps or finish a time trial race would be so much better than praying for 3 people to join your race

4 Likes

literally took 5 minutes out of my time to read this
worth it

2 Likes

agreed

2 Likes

i agree with all of this

1 Like

also, i think yall devs should chill with the amount of cars being added, we need more qol updates

3 Likes

i would be completely fine if there was an update that just fixes all the bugs in the game

1 Like

bet most people didn’t even know that the insight got fully retuned when its weight distribution upgrade got fixed

1 Like

I like how ppl write a full essay here like they are going to get a grade from panwellz lol

1 Like

It’s definitely a big problem with the seasonal events, it’s also infuriating that after completion, you need to spend even more time playing to unlock your rewards (mostly talking about the rims and spoilers) I wouldn’t mind if it was one time you have to buy it and it unlocks for all cars (that can use it) but no it’s every single car you need to buy it again if you ever want to use it.

But one thing I don’t fully agree with is the daily mission for racing and whatnot, it’s definitely better to have an ability to change it to 1/3 options for a new daily mission but completely removing it would badly impact the usage of a large feature in the game… even though most people wouldn’t play it. The feature still needs to be pushed somewhat,

so removing the missions isn’t a good idea but changing it back to the lower amount, then adding a new feature to chose out of 3 missions would be better, and maybe making it cheaper to reroll, because 500 credits is way too much and most people don’t have 500 credits to reroll every time they get a quest that’s nearly impossible or a feature that’s outright unused.

And to add onto the seasonal events, it’s definitely better to completely remake it into something that makes it easier since I’m not going to spend 2 minutes finding stuff and then wait 20 minutes for the event to start again, and with the “limited items” for the Christmas event they brought back all the stuff from when the turbo sleigh came out, practically nullifying the “limited” feeling of the car (unless it just shows for me since I completed it when it first came out)

3 Likes