~1999 Buick Riviera~

From all the effort put into my other posts, it shouldn’t set anymore records for edit count lol. I now know how to display the stats and background as efficiently as possible, now that I know how to calculate these things.

1999 Buick Riviera
An old unibody luxury coupe.
Efficient, powerful, comfortable, and stylish both exterior and interior, this car is a fantastic all-rounder for the individual or couple seeking a reliable, yet safe, powerful, as well as convenient ride for a bargain price.

This vehicle rides on a modified GM G-body platform, which is both known for its weight and its durability. At the time, it was one of the top few most rigid cars in the world, speaking of torsional and bending (rated at 25hz, (the nm/deg exact value is unknown, but based on how strong the chassis is, it is about on-par with a 3rd gen Cadillac CTS (2015-) according to an article (links will be at the end of the suggestion)

Powered by a supercharged buick 3.8 series II v6 this vehicle makes decent horsepower of 240, and a fantastic torque rating of 280 pound feet at 3600rpm.
And being the 3.8 series II, it responds very well to mods.
This vehicle gets 18mpg in the city, and 27mpg on the highway. It has a fuel capacity of around 19-20 gallons (unclear)
These vehicles have very good interiors, comfy seats with advanced lumbar support (if you ask me, is SEVERELY lacking in today’s cars. I always get kinks in my back riding in new cars because there’s a big gap between my lower back and the seat)
This car is very nice for cruising.

CC2 stats:
Acceleration, stock: 9
0-60: 6.8-6.9 seconds with the paddleshift activated…(with automatic, its 8 second because it shifts really early for economy)
Modified (fully, minus weight distribution): 15.5
Defense score: 93
Attack score (no mods): 47
Attack score modded: 93

More pictures (article links below the pictures):

Why the 1999 Buick Riviera Silver Arrow Was the End of an Era - autoevolution
Tested: 1995 Buick Riviera Goes Beyond Bold Design (caranddriver.com)

20 Likes

Not bad

3 Likes

well, unlike your other publication of the pontiac firebird, it seems to me a very good choice of car, it is the best design I have seen

4 Likes

DISCLAIMER: THIS DUDE WRITES HIS OWN POSTS, THIS IS NOT COPY PASTED FROM AN ARTICLE

6 Likes

xd

4 Likes

what are you talking about

4 Likes

A lot of ppl copy and paste from articles when hey make a topic
This topics so well written and informative that it may seem like it’s copy and pasted from an article

4 Likes

But it’s not

3 Likes

ah ok

3 Likes

Hehe thanks

4 Likes

Ill be suggesting a coupe more cars soon

4 Likes

One is going to be a ford and the other idk yet

4 Likes

reviveeee xd

3 Likes

quiety revives
…hmm
@strenergy
Knock the defense down to 93. It’s hard for me to determine the durability of this car based on my research, but considering 108 is in the area of extremely durable cars such as the c8 corvette, heavy duty trucks…this is a 2 door and i think 108 is a bit much. Especially considering the year. However, at the same time, I’m not too sure. There is a lack of crash test data for this vehicle.

This vehicle does good in head on crashes, small overlap crashes (very surprising considering how old it is) and rear end crashes, it seems. The only real weakness is getting T-boned, but the rest of the testing is rather unknown so its hard to be sure.

I’ll just leave it at 93, ill let the devs do the rest when it gets added, I expect it to be durable if anything, as G body cars are known for having substantial rigidity and whatnot.

That’s all for now. Accel might change in the future but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Thinking about, after having my buick lacrosse for a few years, after being in college awhile I am thinking about trading it in for a Riviera, and building it to around 850 horsepower, but im not sure yet. It would sacrifice the handy AWD drive train of the Lacrosse as well as safety standards. I might just end up keeping the lacrosse. I mean in the future I guess I could just by a Riviera as a second vehicle, they aint worth much anymore

5 Likes

Thanks @strenergy ^^

3 Likes

imagine being an edit button couldn’t be me

4 Likes

yea u

4 Likes

revive

1 Like

May upgrade this post soon

1 Like