Tips in derby for beginners and pros

This is for beginners in derby. However if you’re a pro at derby you might know these tips.
This is my experience as a 300trillion player.

1. Learn all the cars’ engine spots. If you see the engine bare, aim for it. If the engine is still covered in car parts, aim for the wheels to immobilize it or either aim for the parts that are blocking the engine. An example of this is the Auva Double Decker. The engine is in the vent at the rear right side. Behind the stairs to the 2nd deck. The engine is not in the direct rear, nor at the front, nor the middle.
  2. Respawn once you’re about to get finished. This will cause them to get tricked into crashing you at high speed which will lead to them most likely crashing into a wall. I know this sounds like an annoying tip but it’s useful.
  3. Limit the usage of tier 2s and 3s. Big vehicles have a time limit per use and it can only be used once before being limited. To limit tier 3s, change to tier 1’s in an FFA round somewhere at 3:50-4:00 time. This will save some time to be used in special rounds.
  4. Aim for the road wheels in tanks (the tracks) in FFAs and Jug. This is one thing that makes tanks harder to destroy than vehicles with tires in Jug. They have more hold of the surface, so they won’t get stuck in holes due to their high maneuverability and due to the long length of the “wheels”. Tier 3s are stronger in juggernaut, so the round won’t end that fast. Also attempt to bait or push the jug to a hole. As a Jug, Always use tanks. I always use landkreuzer. It’s optional, as it is only my opinion to use landkreuzer. In Jug, remember to always swivel and turn in when using a tank when crashed into. This will both immobilize the cars but ALSO buys your turret time to reload. Remember that 6 and 8 wheelers are still good, due to still being able to move even with a single wheel taken out.
  5. Use cars with normal distributed attack and defense. A good example is EXR Tregleta, Police car, and Mercedes Benz AMG. This is due to Tregleta having 130+ attack, 130+ defense, with even stats. EXO Speeder must only be used in Jug, due to its high attack of 155 if maxxed. Do not use the Speeder in FFA, due to it’s low defense of 100.
    Those are all the tips i have. If you want more tips in derby, ask other pros.
6 Likes

While tanks may be better because of longer range and better manoeuvrability, that doesn’t mean the other vehicles are obsolete (I know you didn’t state as such, just pointing this out).

5 Likes

i forgot to say that 6 wheelers and 8 wheelers were good as well but have more risk of being immobilized than tanks

5 Likes

hehe i love using tanks to shoot the front wheels of the noobs terrorizing us with their third rate tier threes and watch them die inside as they cannot move

5 Likes

thx for the tip… …i guess i should use tanks

5 Likes

in the new update tanks are almost useless against so many people

4 Likes

My friend uses a tank in jugg, the crusaser because of its rapid-fire gun (compared to the others)
and I use the VIP bulldozer and get a range of 50-80 knockouts (not a joke) protecting him while he shoots them

4 Likes

good strategy but most people in derby are literal fetuses and just roam around and do nothing

4 Likes

i won’t even talk about helping…

4 Likes

dude I KNOW RIGHT
like even if I get 50 knockouts, even in beginner with the VIP bulldozer the other tank literally just drives off the map and im left to fight until I die, and all I can really do at that point is hide in a corner and let them run into my oversized shredder (lol) but i usually end up dying anyways

4 Likes

But dude best combination, is TWO industrial bulldozers. It is absolute hell

4 Likes

yes and most of these people that can’t even play are xbox players

4 Likes

i die aroudn that time(in my tier 3)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.