"Spectate Vehicle" Camera Bug

What is the bug?
Answer: The spectate vehicle camera can override the player camera or get stuck in random locations, forcing players to reset or rejoin the game. The normal spectate vehicle option works when there is a vehicle spawned, but when toggling the spectate back off, the camera returns to a different location, rather than returning to focus on the player. The bug appears to have some connection to events (core detonations, races, etc.), especially if the player is kicked out of their vehicle or if the vehicle is destroyed.

How often does the bug happen? (Everytime, sometimes or rarely)
Answer: Once triggered, it will happen every time the spectate vehicle button is toggled on and back off. When attempting to move back to the player camera, the view will instead return to the glitched camera location.

What device did you play on? (Computer, Phone, Tablet or Xbox)
Answer: Computer

What steps do you need to take for it to happen? List them in very high detail:

In one instance, I joined a server just after the core detonation explosion, and was able to spawn my vehicle before the rest of the server was teleported back to the facility.

1. Spawn a vehicle during or immediately after a core detonation explosion
  2. Game will remove player from vehicle as part of teleporting every player to the spawn location, but vehicle remains spawned
  3. Spectate vehicle and attempt to zoom in and out or use the movement keys–camera will behave strangely. Glitch with camera getting stuck doesn’t always occur, but behavior is abnormal.

In a different server, I was in the stunt race and destroyed my vehicle by landing a jump upsidedown. After respawning said vehicle and finishing the race, any subsequent spectate vehicle toggles teleported my camera to the currently-spawned vehicle like normal, and then returned my camera to the location at which I respawned my vehicle during the race.

1. Have your vehicle be destroyed during a player-triggered instance of the stunt race; respawn and finish the race
  2. Spawn a new vehicle and trigger the spectate vehicle camera, then trigger it again to disable it. If the glitch has occurred, the camera will return to the location of the destroyed vehicle instead of returning to focus on the player. The camera may also turn or move around when the player uses the motion keys (WASD or arrows).

UPDATE: I have recreated the bug in a 2nd run of the stunt race. I used the “Pagassi Zena Ciqano” and went too fast into the corner barrier seen in the video, damaging the front wheels and forcing me to respawn. Upon completing the race and returning to destroying the “Panzer VIII Maus” for parts, toggling the spectator camera view took me back to the same glitched corner view. Respawning the vehicle and resetting my character helped fix it again, as seen in the video below.

Separately, the link between respawning a vehicle and/or selecting a new vehicle is reinforced by the fact that my spectator camera was moved to the location of the “Tessel Cybermech” I used in a player-initiated quarter-mile race. I drove into the water after the race and was inside that car when I accessed the dealership to spawn the vehicle I was destroying before the race; toggling the spectator camera took me back to the location where the “Cybermech” was despawned.

Upon repeated attempts at races, the initial appearance of the “cameramodule” error message is after a vehicle is spawned after ending the race. I have tried multiple different vehicles, so I do not believe it is solely the fault of the Panzer, but given that said tank has had camera issues before, it may be a factor? I have attempted spawning the tank in new servers outside the context of a race, and no error appears, so the race or other events do appear to have some sort of impact on the bug.

Is the bug related to GUI/Interface on the screen? Or did the bug only appear for you? Check yes if the bug didn’t happen for everyone in the server at the same time.
Yes/No: Yes

If yes, screenshot all red and yellow text in the developer console and post it here. (Open console by pressing F9 on computer, or by saying /Console in the chat)

Please see the video recordings of the bug occurring for the full console errors; only snippets of suspected related error messages are attached below due to the significant amount of yellow and red text that needed to be scrolled through.

The errors I saw the second time around (“UPDATE:”) appear to match up to those observed and pictured in my originally-posted screenshot:

Some videos are attached as unlisted YouTube links below, as they were past the 50mb limit for the forums:
Camera misbehavior after core detonation

Spectator camera glitching and returning to racetrack

Error console open at the same time the spectator camera is toggled:

Roblox username: Explodabat

Similar reports from other users: Spectate vehicle bug, CC2 Spectating vehicle bug, Spectating bug

Update 38 changelog lists this bug as being fixed:
“Fixed a bug where spectating your vehicle could put the camera in a random spot”

Can the bug be found among the known bugs in the trello Trello? If so, upvote it there instead!

What is the bug?
Answer: the camera is stuck where you last had your car when you spawn a car out of dealership after completing a race, and when core exploded, camera teleported there

Answer:

Answer:

Is the bug related to GUI/Interface on the screen? Or did the bug only appear for you? Check yes if the bug didn’t happen for everyone in the server at the same time.
Yes/No: no

If yes, screenshot all red and yellow text in the developer console and post it here. (Open console by pressing F9 on computer, or by saying /Console in the chat)

Roblox username: pureawesomeness0395

1 Like

Can the bug be found among the known bugs in the trello Trello? If so, upvote it there instead!

What is the bug?
Answer: Camera bug

Answer: everytime

Answer: computer

1. You need to be in a race ( any with a checkpoint) miss the checkpoint press back either quit the race or finish it then play on as normal and press V to view your car if you press V again the camera appears on the race checkpoint instead of the player, respawning your car puts the camera back at the player but the bug remains until respawning the character.

Yes/No: no

Roblox username: Danielkoopman

video robloxapp-20220728-2245120.wmv (2,2 MB)

This topic was automatically closed 540 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.