Sorry for asking this, but how did CC2 have the brand names of real life cars?

Hello everyone, sorry if this question is kinda disturbing.

Basically i wanna ask something: how did Panwells (and other CC developers) use the names of car brands correctly in CC2? I don’t think this will kinda violate the trademark for using the real-life car brand names inside a video game, with thousands of active players, and hundreds of millions of visits, without paying some kind of royalties to the trademark holder, but i just want to know how the CC developers use the brand names correctly, without changing any letters in it, unlike Car Dealership Tycoon and Driving Simulator that have the brand names changed a little bit (Vehicle Simulator doesn’t use any real life car brands).

In Car Dealership Tycoon, the brand names (and probably the model names too) are changed a bit:

But in Car Crushers 2, nothing is changed at all:

Did Panwells (and/or other CC devs) pay some royalty to those brands, or is CC2 actually is kinda breaking the trademark law? Sorry, i’m just curious a bit. If mods feel offended by my post here, you (mods) have a right to delete or warn this post as long as you (mods) give me the reason why you (mods) delete or warn this post.

EDIT: The real reason I want to ask this question is because one of my friends made 2 T-shirts on ROBLOX that has some real life car brand names, one is Toyota, and another one is Lamborghini (sorry but he deleted his Twitter post for some reason), but after like a week or so, he got a DMCA warning and his car T-shirts are now deleted for eternity. (Luckily his account only got a warning, no bans or terminations happened to his account, but i feel bad for him though as he’s a huge fan of cars)

That’s the real reason i wanna ask this, because how did a popular ROBLOX game use so many real life car brand names.

Sorry for some edits - this is to ensure everything i said are correct.
Thanks.

6 Likes

i was wondering the same thing for a bit

4 Likes

I don’t know exactly, though it seems a couple brands have noticed and probably demanded some sort of change to the name, as you notice most cars don’t have their exact brand names, or Panwellz probably does ask if he can put a ccar in his game and use, though I don’t really know how that works exactly.

But Panwellz paying loyalty could be the case, as he does have the money to pay a total of 75-100k a year to his programmers at least, but this is a total payment in a year, so maybe a bit of math on that to see what he pays either weekly or something.
But yet, I don’t think I should be exactly assuming that Panwellz is rich or something.

I honestly don’t know, he either payed for the loyalty or whatever it is, or he could possibly be getting away with it.

7 Likes

good points
honestly though I would -rather- them keep their real names, it just seems…better imo I just like them having their real names tied to the correct vehicle
but it wont always be the case and I know that

6 Likes

this equates to around 205-274 dollars per day

7 Likes

How much is that compared to a job? Just about the same?

7 Likes

I think it’s higher actually

7 Likes

Panwellz is actually doing really good at his job, even if his game is sometimes buggy (especially on low end devices). Playing a popular, car games, on ROBLOX, that use the real-life car brand names made me feel like i’m playing the “real video games” (it means that the game is not in a platform like ROBLOX and released in real video game stores like Steam and GameStop), like Need For Speed, DiRT, Forza Horizon, etc.

The real reason I want to ask this question is because one of my friends made 2 T-shirts on ROBLOX that has some real life car brand names, one is Toyota, and another one is Lamborghini (sorry but he deleted his Twitter post for some reason), but after like a week or so, he got a DMCA warning and his car T-shirts are now deleted for eternity. (Luckily his account only got a warning, no bans or terminations happened to his account, but i feel bad for him though as he’s a huge fan of cars)

That’s the real reason i wanna ask this, because how did a popular ROBLOX game use so many real life car brand names.

Sorry if any mods here are feeling unhappy about my post. I’m just curious about this.

7 Likes

Panwellz is running like a business with paying that much money, let alone it not being just one programmer.

6 Likes

maybe he actually got the cars licensed?

5 Likes

some of it is changed, like in update 28, the Scion iQ was changed to the current name

6 Likes

I’m 95% sure Panwellz really licensed (maybe almost?) all of the cars in CC2, because the game is still active without any DMCA warnings since 3 years and with like 10K average active players, and this game have like almost half a billion of visits now.

My friend made 2 car t-shirts 3 weeks ago, and after like 1 and half weeks later since he made those t-shirts, he got a DMCA warning from either Toyota or Lamborghini (or maybe both of them), and his t-shirts are now gone forever. Luckily it’s just a warning, no bans or account deletion whatsoever.

I guess that’s it, CC2 is really awesome, the real car brand names made me feel like i’m playing a video game made by AAA game companies (e.g. EA, Microsoft).

6 Likes

yup

4 Likes

Same

3 Likes

yea how come the creators of the music used in core escape copyright panwellz while they use the full name for cars without change

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.