Preventing Combat Respawning

Something to deter players from respawning or deleting their cars to avoid getting KO’d by others is point deduction for every time they respawn when their car isn’t totaled but damaged by someone else. It could be maybe 50 points every time, though I recommend lowering the deduction for Tier 3.

Usually someone with a really damaged car will run away and wait to respawn so other players can’t get a KO.
Plus even if they jump off the map the player who last hit them is gonna get the KO anyway.

7 Likes

this must be added i always get annoyed by people deleting their cars or respawning
when i almost KO them

3 Likes

rpg:

2 Likes

simple fix for that:
remove gears in derby

1 Like

facts

1 Like

Tier 3 vehicles can’t respawn in derby as far as I know so…

1 Like

4 minute wait exists

1 Like

What was the T2 cooldown again?

1 Like

2 min

1 Like

oh yea my brain stopped working

1 Like

I feel like respawning is part of the game, its your fault if you arent able to hit them for a long enough time to reset the respawn timer that they get the opportunity to respawn

1 Like

but it also feels extremely cheated out if a hit you made doesn’t register and doesn’t reset the respawn timer as a result

2 Likes

90 seconds*

I mean, so is getting knockouts and winning, how am I supposed to get someone if they’re not even gonna play because they reset every time their grille falls off?

Yeah, I agree with you on the deleting but resetting is fair
The way you get them is you just keep hitting them bc that resets the timer

Exactly

I agree that this issue of deleting and respawning the car is an inconvenient attitude, but the real problem is if the hit you gave to a vehicle doesn’t make the time reset (deleting or respawning works with the same time by the way).

For some time now, the respawn time for any vehicle was 10 seconds. I thought the change to 5 seconds was bad at first, but we have to consider an important factor: 10 seconds is a very long time if the person keeps hitting you all the time and can’t knock you out quickly, you could easily stay 20 or 30 seconds without being able to react, practically (sometimes even longer).

I’m an experienced derby player, and when you understand the techniques (which aren’t difficult) the 5 seconds of respawn is enough time for you to get a knockout, if you haven’t lost a tire or something like that.

It can be frustrating if you try to hit a guy and he respawns just in time, but worse than that is that you won’t be able to play properly because the respawn time is long enough for you to be able to repair your vehicle and play normally.

Feel free to use respawn when appropriate (abusing the tool ends up being a moral factor in the end), it may not seem like it but it helped a lot in the gameplay, making it more frantic and fun overall.

1 Like