Philippine Jeepney

NAME: (Phillipine Jeepney)

PICTURES:

The traditional Philippine jeep!

Jeepneys (Filipino: Dyipni), sometimes called simply jeeps (Filipino: dyip), are buses and the most popular means of public transportation ubiquitous in the Philippines.[3] They are known for their crowded seating and kitsch decorations, which have become a widespread symbol of Philippine culture and art.[4] A Sarao jeepney was exhibited at the Philippine pavilion at the 1964 New York World’s Fair as a national image for the Filipinos.[2][5]

Jeepneys originate from the American colonial period share taxis known as auto calesas, commonly shortened to “AC”. These evolved to modified imported cars with attached carriages in the 1930s which served as cheap passenger utility vehicles in Manila. These vehicles were mostly destroyed in World War II. The need for replacement transport vehicles led to the use of U.S. military jeeps left over from the war, which became the template for the modern jeepney.[6] The word “jeepney” is a portmanteau of “jeep” and “jitney”, both words common slang in the popular vernacular of the era: “jitney” being a popular term for an American taxicab, and a “jeep” a newly coined term to describe a type of military vehicle (origin from General Purpose, or GP, hence Jeep).[2][7] Most jeepneys are used as public utility vehicles. Some are used as personal vehicles. Jeepneys are used less often for commercial or institutional use.

Class
Minivan, Minibus, Jeep
Body style
Multi-purpose vehicle
Layout
Front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Related
Jeep

24 Likes

Our country has new jeepneys so i think it is ok i guess

3 Likes

New jeep reveal (its much more worse)
5aa09b526c0d8

6 Likes

nice car

4 Likes

thats hideous

4 Likes

W h a t

4 Likes

Our traditional jeep does not look like a silly bus but it looks more of a jeep than a bus

3 Likes

Kamusta sa Philippines

3 Likes

Wikipedia…

3 Likes

Revive!

2 Likes

Lol for the foreigners being baffled by its looks. Trust me, there’s much more crazier designs on the jeepneys here in the Philippines. XD
But yeah, I would love to see it in-game. Maybe have it look blank like this instead? Just ignore the Yellow boxes with text in them.

3 Likes

Cool but weird 0.0

2 Likes

The bars must have like customizable text instead of just it being a blank

5 Likes

I live in the Philippines, so i know what is a jeepney

2 Likes

we dont need that

3 Likes

Considering that I was about to suggest this but then I was just told that this is suggested already, I’d like to follow up several things. Since these are converted US Military Jeeps, the engine sound would be similar to a truck and I have a video that I have recorded months ago that shows how it sounds:

I am unsure on the specific engine they are using since it can vary, and some were swapped for at least something better, I am not a vehicle nerd so I am entirely unsure about that :omegalul:

Also, considering that there are Jeepneys with different styling or just design in general, I am hoping that it should be at least something unique, probably some CC inside joke or something but it is up to the developers themselves if they wish to have this in the game. This might be the most plain jeep I can see, at least something that does not have a lot of art / stickers. The Mercedes-Benz Logo is not included

6 Likes

NGL I just realised how much criticism this receives

1 Like

download

Stainless steel version:

images

3 Likes

Jeepney or Dyip

Cost: 50,000 cash

Seats: it can fit up to 20 players and it’s also side to side

Speed: 120 kph

images