New Mod System and the Starred Channel

A problem i’ve been noticing is a lack of a good system to get ideas implemented into the game. Along my short time here, I have came across many cool things that need to get added into game, but just fall into the oblivion of old suggestions. The only time people really notice them is for like a day or two, then they’re goners. If no one revives, all you can do is self revive to give yourself another chance. Plus, it looks sketchy if you just keep self reviving. Also, with 12 mods, my initial idea wouldn’t work as well. So I thought of a way to introduce this as best as I could.

Panwellz should remake the mod system. There could be three tiers, basic moderator, proficient moderator, and senior moderator. Here is what each of the three mods would do.

Starred channel: New feature, mods can star a topic in suggestions/bugs. If a topic gets 3 stars, it would send the suggestion/bug to a special channel to be reviewed by the highest rank. Only mods would be able to access this, but anyone can see the amount of stars a topic has. The tags here would be suggestions, bugs, amazing suggestions, amazing bug finds (get 10 stars), and unwanted.*

Basic Mod

In order to get the role of basic mod, a proficient or senior mod would need to make the change. You would need to be a pretty active user who makes many posts. Predicted amount: 50

• Can do what a mod does, but is limited to 1 change a day

• Is able to star posts, limited to 3 a day

Proficient Mod

The mod as we know it. If your a basic mod going above and beyond, a senior mod can promote you to this rank. Current mods default here.
Predicted amount: 15

• Everything a mod currently can do

• No limts to starring posts.

• Special channel to talk in

• Vote on person of the month

Senior Mod

The most trusted people of the form, senior mods will be a gigantic help to keeping the fourm alive, and making CC2 a better game. Only Panwellz can promote you to this rank.
Predicted amount: 5

• Ability to demote proficient and basic mods

• Can add topics in the starred channel to the trello

• *Can move topics in the starred channel to unwanted (Panwellz trumps the vote, he can put a topic out of unwanted)

• Automatic max trust level

I hope you like my solution to the ideas going to waste with the starred channel. It may be weird having a whole mod system to solve this whole problem, but I think it will all be for the better.

If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to let me know. Peace!

3 Likes

something I would like to say about this is that the mod and administration team have basically no say on how game suggestions get added, at most it’s probably up to the testers that have a staff position

as much as it sucks, I don’t really think this is a very feasible idea

5 Likes

Wouldn’t that just get rid of the trello and unwanted ideas for the senior mod

3 Likes

well being completely honest, there really aren’t any “bad” ideas by any stretch

even as insignificant as it sounds, the Trello is still used decently often and shows what ideas are guaranteed to get in the game

3 Likes

Yeah I understand. I just thought it would be a nice way to give more content to the game. I come by a lot of posts where people beg it to be in game, so it would be a way to make a lot of people happy. It sucks seeing people write very detailed cool ideas that don’t get any recognition

3 Likes

we don’t even know what cars are picked to get added let alone features

2 Likes