I got in a wreck a week and a half (silverado)

Got rear ended during a turn-off into a grassy spot to turn around, and a 1997 dodge ram 2500 towing a twin axle trailer (1150-1650 pounds in weight, it was empty) truck weighs about the same my little 1500 does (lol the 2500 of my truck weighs almost 8000 pounds, mine is about 6075 ish, I had it weighed at a salvage)
They were going about 45-50 when they hit me if I had to guess
The last thing I heard was SCREEEEEEEEEEEEE…B A M
spun me around in a circle, slightly more than a 180, and I ended up in the ditch, somehow still upright. Truck still runs great, transmission is fantastic, 4x4 still works…the dodge leaked a bunch of crap out and had to be towed…they started theirs and backed it off the road, but was making a HORRID racket when it ran. I am guessing it got towed, because im the one that drive away and I saw no one near the dodge (family probably got taken home or smth)
They should have known better than that. ESPECIALLY if you are pulling a trailer, you gotta be like at least 80 feet from the car in front if not more not 30 or 20…
My lights apparently werent working properly, the only brake light that worked was the long one on the cab, and signals worked however. So even if I was slightly at fault, they should NOT have been close enough for that to happen.
Buh bye dodge, im still driving mine to school :>
(albeit having to use my left arm to signal until insurance decides if they can fix or not)
Checked the frame, the frame is happy
tailgate will not open, a piece of the rear panel was shoved in front of it, holding it shut, but if I bent that out of the way with some giant tool it can open :>
I am glad it wasnt worse than it was, I had a friend with me but no injuries were sustained thanks to the truck and most likely God
good riddance to the nincompoops that hit me, but at least I got a story for my best buds at school haha
here are pics
my poor baby :c
at least she kept us safe and put that dodge out of commission lol

bed appears to be untouched or very minimal damage to it

:> nice on this side
I think the frame is fine otherwise the whole thing would be twisted.
also still handles great when I drive it lol. Wheels and everything still straight

poor chevy :(
so yeah ill get that body repaired someday, moderately soon but its gonna be a little while of me driving it around town like this LOL
was pushed upward slightly (the bed body portion) was shoved and smacked the cab, put tiny tend on it but frame is still sound
lol get wrecked person that hit me
I was the one driving home despite being the victim, and the other truck and trailer weighing a good deal more than me
if I ever get another truck it will be one of these ALWAYS. Durable as hell and reliable
the vid below is a further testament do this trucks durability, this person literally took it to a violent jumping contest and a derby and it still runs haha
But yeah THANK GOD it wasnt any deadlier than it was…I would not forgive myself if my friend got hurt

6 Likes

well rip the car

4 Likes

ye :(
the dodge truck that hit me had to get towed, mine too this big ol ding.
still driving it though haha
as long as it runs and isnt frame damaged im driving it idc about looks hehe

3 Likes

im a little confused, im trying to touch on all the possibilities of what car you mean, but the thing hit was my truck. That white SUV and the grey car are my fam’s cars
if one of those rear ended my truck it would have done almost nothing to the truck

3 Likes

I meant your truck, until it gets repaired

3 Likes

ah ok my bad
ye im prob gonna get questioning looks from cops when I drive it lol…
gotta get it fixed soon

3 Likes

my uncle drove a car with that was very beat up for like 2 months

3 Likes

oof
did he wreck in it?
hope he’s ok

3 Likes

yea he was, he crashed the car 2 times I think

3 Likes

Jesus that truck is a tank

4 Likes

I hope he didn’t get hurt bad :c

3 Likes

Ye I like it :>
I used to take it in back-woods bashes (basically just intense off-roading and whatnot)
I can imagine this truck being VERY good, possibly a winner in a derby inRL as long as the frame wasnt rusted which I dont think it is.
But yeah, im very glad I was driving this and not some car or different truck when this happened
Anyone else involved in a wreck I hope you are all ok
Drive safe

4 Likes

I am remembering more after the wreck, the dude hit me and he spun me in about a 210 or a 220 and I skidded rearward up and over a ditch…I was pointed slightly into the turn when he hit me, and sent my truck squealing across the road and into the ditch, literally up on a hillsize so probably 50-55mph @.@

6 Likes

your a fucking madlad, epic sad for the chevy :c

2 Likes

Edit: removed video, bunch have prob seen it
TO CLARIFY: That video was NOT MY truck, it was someone elses, it is just a demonstration on how durable it is

A little update, I fixed my turn signal LOL
the wires apparently were untouched, I stuck a new bulb in and viola haha
got some steel wire and tied it to the bed sub structure,
GoOd aS NEw lol I can get a pic later

3 Likes

lol if my wreck got on a tape or something I would totally make a meme of it lol
as I get yeeted and spin around in a spectacular manner I could just be like YOU SPIN ME RIGHT AROUND BABY RIGHT AROUND hahaha

3 Likes

Your dad is telling the truth, these trucks can do that as well as other full size trucks, which is terrifying
RIP the person in the nissan :c
these trucks are very very heavy and often obliterate the car they hit
the person driving that truck should not have a license

3 Likes

people like that are like the one that rear-ended me a couple days ago…are simply not paying attention.
The only reason I survived is because I was in a tough truck if I was in a car I would prob not be typing right now

3 Likes

I wish people would pay more attention when they drive :/
the only thing I can really do, or other people, is just get an old truck like this something that can soak impacts…because regardless of what you drive you WILL get hit someday, and its gonna suck >.<
People are crazy drivers these days

4 Likes

oo the c3 sounds fun hehe
ye cadillac escalade are big the older cadillacs are tough

3 Likes