Hitting the front corner of a car doesn't give damage expected

What is the bug?
When you hit a front corner of a car does not give damage at the degree it should.
This is what I mean by front corner:

How often does the bug happen?
Sometimes, its really only evident at high speed because the damage is supposed to be a lot higher at that speed.

What steps do you need to take for it to happen? List them in very high detail:

1. Get a car that can go very fast or put a booster on a car.
  2. Go fast (it happens at all speeds but to really see its effects you need to go >150 or so)
  3. Come at a wall or other solid object at an angle, so the only thing that contacts the wall is the front corner of your car.
  4. Collide.
    Expected Result: The car will sustain a decent amount of damage.
    Actual Result: The car doesn’t sustain or sustains less damage than expected at that speed.

In the video, I start by going by basically only contacting the corner, then the second time I come a little more head on, and then I go a lot head on.
Video Demo: CC2 Report - YouTube

Is the bug related to GUI or something that only happens for you? (GUI = the dealership, derby win screen or any other interface)
No.

Roblox username: BritishAPT

This could also be a glitch, and it may very well be. However, I believe it is responsible for many times I have hit my car on a wall at high speed and it sustained almost no damage.

4 Likes

its part of the game, for balancing reasons

4 Likes

Is it so? If a dev says it is, then I suppose this could become a suggestion to remove it unless removing it would cause disaster.

5 Likes

I see what you mean, yeah I think offset crashes like that should do WAY more damage than it does
hitting anything solid in general should immediately total most cars

5 Likes

Derby would be quite hard

4 Likes

That’s the point

4 Likes

would be more realistic

4 Likes

Newer cars are made to crumple way more than older ones, so the newer ones in turn would get a hugely nerfed defense rating (which should have already been done imo)
giving old cars and trucks the advantage :>

4 Likes

But srsly tho imagine doing derby in a game like bmg
It’s super hard bc as realistic as the damage is, it makes it all the more easier to be kod

4 Likes

exactly that makes it funner (imo)

4 Likes

would give trucks a HUGE advantage

4 Likes

True

4 Likes

well, old ones

4 Likes

new ones have too much crumply bits

4 Likes

Honestly, it’s up to the devs if this is a true bug or a suggestion, I haven’t heard anything from them. Honestly, I think it should at least do a little more damage. I mean come on! If you watch my video, you’ll see I hit the place specified at 200 mph and virtually no damage happens. Surely something should happen at that speed, but it just sorta bounces away.

3 Likes

yeah it happens in derby too, when I use the Terrain Destroyer (personal favorite vehicle, despite its big achilles heel that is it’s incorrect engine) I get into these 70MPH offset crashes with like a dodge police, and it literally kills me and the car is FINE. its STUPID
a 4.2 ton truck, hitting a dodge police car…the car would get obliterated the truck would take minimal damage in reality because its simply made of different and much heavier steel

5 Likes

And yeah, it’s ultimately up to them, we shall see what they do to the damage mechanics over time
as of right now, in my opinion they are GREAT, but offset collisions is where they start to suck

4 Likes

yeah its for balancing reasons

2 Likes