2013 Thang T-Babacar

NAME: 2013 Thang T-Babacar

Ok so, bare with me here. I was scrolling social media and at first had no idea what this was, where it came from, or if it even exists still, but somehow a 5 wheeled car has sufficient info on it online, which means im obligated to suggest it.

DISCLAIMER: This should be considered as an extra to today’s episode of OCWG, because i’m frankly not sure i want this added ingame.

Ahem. The “Thang T-Babacar” is a single-seater built by Vietnamese mechanic Nguyen Van Thang out of spare parts. The car has 5 wheels, 2 front wheel drive. The rear wheel is from a BMW X6 and the front wheels are from a BMW series 3.

To quote a blog post: “metal tubes and thick sheets make up the car body.
The body is very aerodynamic (???), it grazes the front tires and forms a drop towards the rear, a bit like motorcycles from the movie Tron (im losing my mind).”
It took 1 year to make, and ill put the rest of the (surprisingly plentiful) info in the specs section.

PICTURES:

Exterior

More: Monoplace à 5 roues – Nguyen Van Thang 2013 - SixMania

Interior

*Apparently a good deal of interior bits were scavenged from a Deawoo Matiz, so thats one point of reference i guess

Engine

**PS: It would be a good idea to back these photos up somewhere since the website theyre on is at risk of being gone at any second I think

SPECS

That thang
Layout 5 wheel, FWD (2 front wheels spin, 4 steer)
Engine Yamaha 4 cylinder (i think)
Brakes 2 disks on the rear, 4 in front (1 per wheel)
Suspension Spring shock absorbers

The Thang in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kccfWcyM-xk&ab_channel=ViralThread

9 Likes

I’ve seen this thing before

3 Likes