2006 Chevrolet SSR

2006 Chevrolet SSR

Chevrolet SSR

This is the stupidest idea I have had yet.
6.0L V8
395 HP
405 lb-ft of torque
RWD
0-60 in 5.3 seconds
Top Speed of 126 MPH
4711 LBS in weight
Oh, did I forget to mention that a team of people tried to break a speed record in this thing?

14 Likes

ugliest car i have ever seen

5 Likes

If you can even call it a car.

4 Likes

This is pain to the eyes.

5 Likes

give my homeboy some love

3 Likes

i kinda like it
lets add it

4 Likes

fiat multipla met its competition

4 Likes

[UPDATE]
Blueprint

5 Likes

i want this i will build the new gen hot road
by use the Pickup ver

4 Likes

hello that pickup came with V8 LS1?

4 Likes

I was about to suggest this! I hope this gets added would be much fun to have
edit: wait…2 years???

3 Likes

@RedNaz
and anyone else who views this
this car is actually insanely durable I didnt know. Fully hydroformed frame, and a unibody cage on top of it. Insane.

this car’s defense score would likely venture into the 130s
its why this thing is so heavy is because of how overbuilt it is

4 Likes

I can add a full spec sheet in STREnergy’s format if you would like
edit: this car is actually one of the best multipurpose cars I have ever found. Its like a swiss army knife in the real world

2 Likes

sure

4 Likes

Here you go @Rednaz
Chevrolet SSR 2006
A BRIEF HISTORY: The Chevrolet SSR, in its time, was one of the more controversial vehicles made in the period; it was appreciated by few and disliked by many. With a bit of a rough start, it isn’t quite surprising. However, in its latter years, this vehicle becomes very formidable. The Chevrolet SSR is a bit of an oddity, as it combines the attributes of a light duty pickup, with those of a convertible, sports car, and a roadster. It is a great jack-of-all-trades vehicle, and isnt the best at everything (however, it is VERY fast with the LS2 it gets later on in its production life). This car’s styling is highly reminiscent of GM’s retro truck styling of the past. It’s a bit of an acquired taste (Personally I think it looks great). This truck wasnt great starting out, but even in its early years it was well made. Featuring an LS engine and a smooth transmission, it was an okay vehicle. This car off the bat was VERY sturdy, reliable although with mellow performance of 300 horsepower moving the SSR’s absolutely CHUNKY self (4,800lb) to 60 in a a very mellow 8 second range time. Quarter mile was slow around 16 seconds. This car recieved some complaint for its noticeably moderate cowl shake when going on bumpy or twisty roads. The SSR features a high strength Chevrolet Trailblazer chassis, featuring full length hydroforming and boxed rails. This car uses that chassis off of the Trailblazer EXT, but with it cut shorter. However, cutting it meant a tiny bit of welding had to be done. This led to some rigidity issues. However, GM addressed this in 2005 with an added crossmember, doctoring of those said welds, epoxy filler (around 60lb of it for the welded area, inside the frame to match it to the rest of the hydroforming) as well as an X-brace on the front portion of the frame. This vehicle at this point was a tank. These improvements brought upon its already substantial unibody+frame design. Most vehicles are body-on-frame, or unibody and this beefy boy is both. GM introduced a superior drivetrain in 2005 as well, the LS2 V8 and a manual transmission option. In final form, the SSR is very nice. A couple more things to mention, this car is actually very practical especially for a single person (a family would likely need more than 1 car, due to the 2 person seating capacity) This car would eliminate the need for more than 1 vehicle (like a seperate sports car, or a truck) because this car is both. It can haul stuff, and can haul itself quite quickly even by modern standards (even with a payload its still quick). One of its great features its steel 3 piece retractable top, that can deploy or retract in under 30 seconds with the press of a button! There is actually a book written on this car that goes even more in-depth on the SSR, its evolution and improvements, ideas behind it, as well as general history and behind-the-scenes information. You can find this book off of sites such as Amazon. (Chevrolet SSR: An American Original-Gary Witzenburg-(journalist))
The SSR is often overlooked as a fantastic all-rounder. You got yourself something with muscle car performance, above average handling-FANTSTIC handling for a truck or SUV (although, it does lag a bit behind deticated sports cars such as the Camaro or Mustang) that can still tow 2500 pounds (sports cars cant tow anything) and haul around 1400 pounds in the bed. It’s gas mileage isn’t terrible, around 14 in the city and 21 on the highway. This vehicle uses 93 octane fuel for its maximum power, not bad considering how potent the SSR is. The SSR is a unique package in retro styling.

Specifications:

Engine:

• Engine Type: LS2 v8 (Vortec)
  • Fuel Type: Gasoline-93 Octane
  • Displacement: 5963 cubic centimeters (6.0 liters)
    • Bore: ____ millimeters
    • Stroke: ____ millimeters
  • Compression Ratio:
  • Engine Layout: Y-block; small block-LS engine; Longitudinally mounted, cast aluminum block, heads. Cast iron exhaust manifold, main bearing caps, and crankshaft; Billet steel camshaft, forged powder metal connecting rods
  • Transmission Type: GM Turbo-Hydramatic 4L65-E
    • Gear Ratios:
      • Reverse: 2.294
      • 1st Gear: 3.059
      • 2nd Gear: 1.625
      • 3rd Gear: 1.00
      • 4th Gear: 0.696
      • 5th Gear: n/a
      • 6th Gear: n/a
      • 7th Gear: n/a
      • 8th Gear: n/a
      • 9th Gear: n/a
      • 10th Gear: n/a
    • Final Drive: 3.73

Performance Figures:

• Peak Power: 390 horsepower
  • Peak Torque: 405 newton-meters of torque
  • RPM Limit: 6500
  • Power to Weight (net):
    134.8 watt/kg / 61.1 watt/lb
  • 0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 5.3-5.5 sec
    • 1/4 mile time: 13.8-14.0
    • 0-1 km: unknown
  • Claimed Top Speed: 131
  • Estimated Top Speed: (theoretical top speed/top speed without a limiter): 145

Dimensions:

• Body Style: 2 Door Roadster Pickup
  • Length: 4862 millimetres
  • Width: 1996 millimetres
  • Height: 1631 millimetres
  • Wheelbase: 2946 millimetres
  • Front Track 1628 millimetres
  • Rear Track: 1648 millimetres
  • Ground Clearance: 154.94 millimetres
  • Curb Weight: 2159.55327 kilograms|4,761lb|2.3805 US tons
    • Weight Distribution: Pending (if I had to guess, this vehicle would be a bit front heavy)
  • Front Tires: 255/45/HR19
  • Rear Tires: 295/40R20

CC2 Stats:

• Derby Tier: 1

• Mastery: 0

• Pricing: somewhere between 600k and 900k

• Exclusivity: VIP or Limited

• Acceleration: 10.52 (stock) ~14.7

• Handling: 13.3

• Braking: 14.3

• Race Class: 72
    (Would be A class modded)

• Attack Score: 59

• Defense Score: 137

Summary: This car is very promising in CC2. Not only is it fast, but it is also extremely durable, while returning favorable handling and stopping power. In its price range, it would be a great contender for class B races. It would also be a good class A racer, having great acceleration with mods. However, its top speed is a bit lacking for class A, leaving better options to be had for class A. This car would be a BIG head-turner, because of its one-of-a-kind styling and design. This vehicle would also being in huge profits in derby, being an extremely potent vehicle. Due to its age, and cheap price compared to other prestige cars, this vehicle’s placement would likely be in beginner, albeit very high priced and with likely VIP or Limited exclusivity. (also, this car’s rarity may influence that, but about 90 percent of that is due to its stats). In racing, it would likely be fun to use in rally races, as its hefty curb weight and stout construction could be thrown around to good effect, whether its jumping obstacles, blasting through a corner, or bludgeoning another car off the course, if you’d rather; all this while taking very minimal damage, depending on who you’re racing. It’s stats would make it very nicely rounded in all tasks in CC2, it shining the most in derby with its weight, handling and very high acceleration potential, as well as certain racecourse types (on long stretches, you would likely be beaten in class A but not B if you’re a good driver)
And there you have it! The Chevrolet SSR
Additional photos are below of the vehicle, is drivetrain, and (part) of its chassis.
Thanks @Rednaz for suggesting I hope this thing gets added!

2 Likes

that is VERY interesting actually, but sounds feasible considering its power potential with that LS2 (LS2 can handle around 1,700HP without being damaged) and its nearly 5000 pound weight would be nice to hold it on the ground

2 Likes

it actually comes with LS2. it initially came with the 5.3 Vortec which I believe is the LS1
with LS2 its actually very fast

2 Likes