{2000 Pontiac Firebird Coupe-Hatchback 3.8 (M/T) 2 Dr}

My car inRL
Surprisingly heavy for it’s size, absolutely fantastic handling/turning radius/responsiveness, good top speed (not the best but still up there, better than most “normal” cars) fantastic looks/aesthetic, wide, fantastic durability engineering especially for a car of its age. Acceleration is not as good as the monstrous 5.7 version of this car but still excellent enough to scare newer drivers/passengers haha…who have never experienced real power before
A TRUCKLOAD of pictures is about to come. Quick pro and con list here based on hundreds of miles of driving, some abuse (not a lot, I just got the car so dont wanna ruin) heavy inspection, and very good estimates on things such as weight but I will weigh it at my local salvage yard soon to get exact weight numbers.
Pros, REAL LIFE:
Over- the- top durability for its size (but for good reason, IE surviving very high speed rollover crashes and hits from basically any angle. More details on this later in the post.)
Reinforced passenger cabin utilizing “safety cage” structure, high strength steel. Reinforced plating around engine, and large front frame rails connecting it all together and melding into the tub and out the back as ladder struts again.
–>The 4th generation Firebird and Camaro were the first vehicles, alike the 4th and 5th gen Corvettes, to pioneer the high strength steel “safety cage” which consists of reinforced cockpit area, a massive reinforced C pillar which both serves as a side collision member as well as two members running through the doors, and the C pillar acting as a rollbar
EXTREMELY Lovely handling characteristics. This thing was MADE to be pushed to the limits. After long research and talking to people inRL who have had experiences with Chevy/Pontiac/Ford cars, the 4th generation Firebird defeats ALL compatriots when it comes to turning radius, handling, and forgiveness in the event of loss of traction or drifting. It is a VERY VERY well engineered car.
VERY smooth engine performance coming from the 3.8 liter series II v6, based off of the old GM 350 v8. Fantastic torque curve and even stock is quite fast and torquey. It is in FACT an award winning engine by NASCAR, and a few others. This motor was used in the Firebird, Camaro, and Monte Carlo SS Pace Car edition, which was used in NASCAR. This motor has won global awards for durability, smoothness and just incredible engineering thanks to General Motors.
→ Looks awesome
fantastic reliablity overall
Very well balanced center of gravity combined with the rather surprising 3800 pounds of metal that makes up the Firebird make it an EXTREMELY stable platform on ANY road surface, cons will explain more.
Seats four despite being a 2 door and with adequate room and substantially above average comfort
→ Nifty, functional interior, and the hard metal to be in and feel on the inside and outside grant good feelings of safety
good on gas, strictly MPG…but will run out quick due to sort of small tank of only about 18 gallons. But is very cheap to fill
uhhhhh all I can think of right now. OH…wait
→ Is a T top, gives it a unique look on outside and inside, makes you feel like you’re in a fighter jet
→ Engine sounds MEAN, often tricks people into thinking its the optional 5.7 V8 for the Firebird despite being the V6, which is by the way quite powerful
→ THE LIGHTS!! They open and close :DDD It has pretty eyes
Cons, REAL LIFE:
→ *Catches eyes and turns heads, I went ahead and put this on the con, but I’m sorry I gotta be honest. It attracts the wrong kinds of people. Cops, idiot racers, and just bad drivers who want to race you or just have a bad attitude I have already had one idiot hit me trying to show me up…I try to stay away from people in this car unless they just wanna roll down window and chat. A LOT of people with pumped up kicks will want to race you (or me, I have this car) DO NOT FALL FOR IT. It is DANGEROUS. Mostly because the people who want to don’t know how to race with good sportsmanship and do it safely. Sorry. Had to be honest there, I LOVE this car and I have to admit the attention makes me feel good, but it can get dangerous. Is a con to me. but PERSONALLY speaking, I love the looks and stuff. Other people like to ruin it (but not always, there are good, sweet people out there in the world and it took me many years to realize that) *
Can be hard for novices, mainly due to pinpoint steering which reacts VERY quickly to any twitch of the wheel, partly due to its insane turn radius. Also, its handling is its downfall in rain/storms/snow, it can handle wind ALL DAY. But wet pavement, you WILL fly off the road if you corner and downshift. This car stops fast, IS fast, is rather heavy, and a road ace. Beware of rain.
Also its a 5 speed manual, most people struggle with stick shift these days.

I honestly cant think of anything car specific, so guess this ends here. The car itself is incredible with no real notable flaws. It’s a beautifully engineered machine.

Okay pictures almost here. A very short and precise list of CAR CRUSHERS pro and con If this car is to be added someday

Pro:

• quick for beginner car, surpassing the mustang in acceleration but falling a bit short in top speed.
    -INSANE durability and engineering in impact-related situations, both giving them and receiving them. Holds up VERY well against cars against its size and even against smaller trucks but semi and tank will devastate it, but you wont be going against those in beginner :)
    -Best handling IN. THE. GAME. Good luck catching this bad boy :) (edit: Actually there is one pro car that I think ties with this thing’s would-be handling stats but could be wrong)
    -Fantastic maneuvering characteristics, fantastic control when accelerating, decelerating, etc
    -Looks fantastic, one of the most unique looking cars, has T top and very pretty design

details on durability and pictures coming soon, one of the final things is real life specs, followed by CC2 stats…

RL stuffs:
Engine: 3.8 Liter series II v6, based off of GM’s historic 350 v8. Award winning engine, one of the best engines to ever come out of Detroit’s factories
Horsepower/Torque: 2010 horsepower @ 5200-5500 RPM, and a smooth 235 pound-feet of torque at 4000 RPM. That’s a lovely torque curve.
Here’s the chart.

Transmission: GM T-6 5 speed manual
Gearing ratios
Tremec 5 speed
First gear: 3.75
Second gear: 2.19
Third gear: 1.41
Fourth gear: 1.00
Fifth gear: 0.72
Weight: 3435 unladen (No driver etc) 1.72 Tons
0-60: 5.1 seconds
Quarter mile, best time: 12.7 seconds @ 89mph
Top speed: 125 mph
Seats: 4
Doors: 2, heavily reinforced
HATCHBACK T-TOP car.
IF THIS CAR IS ADDED, JUST ADD IT WITH THE LIGHTS OPEN UNTIL FURTHER IMPLIMENTATION OF OPENING/CLOSING LIGHTS.
Same for transmission. Just make it a 5 speed automatic until MANUAL transmissions are worked into the game, which will likely eventually happen.

CC2 specs:
Tier: 1
Derby: Beginner
→ Access: VIP
→ Weight: 3435 Ib-1.72 Tons
→ Acceleration stock: 11.2
→ Acceleration modded: 16.2
→ Braking stock: 14.3
→ Handling: 16.5
→ Spoiler: Optional
→ Unmountable spoiler: No
→ Attack stock: 60
→ Attack modded: 94-95
→ Defense score: 120
→ Price: 2.4M

Since this vehicle’s transmission and gear ratios are part of what makes it fast, dialing the gear ratios will result in a significant lost in performance (acceleration), for real life accuracy and game balance.

So, in-game namely in derby where performances overall matter the most, this car will not be the fastest in beginner but definitely up there in terms of acceleration. It’s acceleration and top speed are well rounded, better than most but still falls short to larger v8 cars.
BUT. That is not where this car shines although it is definitely respectable in those categories.
Handling…the dream come true. It’s handling stat would likely be the best in the game, this car has traits of both the corvette, camaro. It is a beautifully engineered machine. It’s turning radius is surpassed slightly by the old foxbody mustang, but the firebird’s chassis design, width, VERY aerodynamic design and superior weight in metal allow it to have VERY good control at ALL speeds. That is what makes this car so epic in RL and would be in-game, other than its durability. A tad bit of body roll due to its high weight to size ratio, but that body roll is all the metal built into it. It is a very safe, steady and the handling will appease even the most picky players. Because, it would likely have the best handling stat in the game. That is what makes this car so unique, ALSO, it’s durability is a good margin above average for such a car, surpassing the mustang, corvette, and dodge police which are all similar cars.
So this car trades maximum superiority in horsepower (although its torque curve is VERY respectable, thanks to the series II pushrod v6 design) For…very incredible handling. Part of the reason for this, even surpassing its corvette brother is due to its WIDTH. It is even wider than some pickup trucks, and its fairly heavy, leading to very precise and confidently stable handling, and engineered suspension and steering column to deliver a very acute turning radius. But mostly it’s width and body configuration, and also torsional rigidity which lead to GM being able to give it such maneuverability. With suspension upgrades, tires, and spoiler, it is untouchable except by maybe smaller cars like miata and such, but for its weight it is EXTREMELY stable and maneuverable.

A brief history and comparison of the 3.8 Series II, and my reasoning behind the stats given. (cc2 stats)

“the GM 3800 Series II is a 231ci OHV (not SOHC) 12 valve motor making 200hp @ 5200rpms and 225tq @4000rpms (maintains 90% or more of peak torque from 1800-4800 rpms)” according to research
Ford’s 3.8 only makes the torque at 2750. thats how superior the 3.8 mk II is. The GM 3.8 series II is vastly superior to the blue oval’s 3.8. The 3.8 is very powerful and well designed for a V6.
The 3.8 was a very high tech engine for the time, Nascar used it to great effect.
However. some interesting facts you all might find interesting, especially strenergy and boxketeer, you guys seem to be, based on your PFPs and stuff, more vehicle oriented
(REASON FOR MAX ACCEL:)The reason the max accel may be surprisingly low compared to other cars in beginner, topping at around 13.5, the motor inRL the way it is mounted inside the Firebird engine bay, makes it extremely hard to work on. The 3.8 series II was designed, I believe to REMAIN stock, it was designed specifically for the Firebird and cars like it (camaro) at the time, and it was meant to be raced stock.
So the aftermarket economy for this engine is very poor, hence its rather unproportionate stock accel in relation to its max accel, its stock accel is the fastest in beginner with no modification, and this is why.
So it will have a VERY user friendly experience when you are grinding to get all mods for the car, but the cost for that is not a huge jump in performance. It will be a nice increase, but most cars with 11+ stock accel exceet 15 accel with all mods, but the Firebird is stuck in the 13s for these real life reasons.

So basically I am trying to make the in-game experience with this car as historic and realistic as possible.
I have accomplished all stats, I will touch up on the rest. I might add this tidbit to the post as well to help people and devs understand.
but in the end, the 3.8 is a legendary engine, alike the Firebird which is a very sought after chassis to use for things such as rally, racing, and drag strip stuff. The engine and car are both equally very overengineered to have extremely good performance design and durability.
The Series II 3.8 is actually superior to the latter series III despits the good change of an aluminum upper intake manifold…the series III had the throttle body changed to electric. The good ol series II still had throttle by wire (cables). The cables are far FAR FAR more redundant, and foolhardy than electronic throttle control. Cables are the way to go in that regard.
But yeah this is basically a brief history of the series II 3.8 and my reasoning behind the stats.

PICTURES :)

Also details on durability.
So this car has a reinforced high strength roof and tub making up the cockpit, and a lightweight high strength truss frame out the front, alongside the engine and out the back through the unibody. It also has heavily tamped steel making up the wheel wells, providing even MORE protection.
This thing isnt incredibly heavy, heavier than the camaro and…well, mustang I think wow. Just checked. So it is pretty heavy FOR ITS TIME. Nowadays its lighter than the mustang by a very slight bit (but the Firebird is a much better car imo especially for the pricetag)

Exterior Dimensions:

193.4″ L x 74.5″ W x 52″ H (overall body/chassis)
more: Cargo Area Dimensions

Trunk Volume (ft³) 12.9

Exterior Dimensions

Length, Overall (in) 193.4
Width, Max w/o mirrors (in) 74.5
Height, Overall (in) 52.0
Track Width, Front (in) 60.7
Track Width, Rear (in) 60.6
Min Ground Clearance (in) 4.5
Liftover Height (in) 35.1
Wheelbase (in) 101.1

Interior Dimensions

Passenger Volume (ft³) 84.0
Front Head Room (in) 37.2
Front Leg Room (in) 43.0
Front Shoulder Room (in) 57.4
Front Hip Room (in) 52.8
Second Head Room (in) 35.2
Second Leg Room (in) 28.8
Second Shoulder Room (in) 55.8
Second Hip Room (in) 45.9
Passenger Capacity 4
Interior Dimensions:

Pictures of the car…
So the big black steel beam that runs in a band around the car structure is a VERY durable part of the car, saves it in rollovers and side impacts.
The T-top also has frame, see in pictures
Also under the hood kinda sorta you can see the front truss structure, is barely visible cause the engine and stuff is in the way

47 Likes

EDIT: pictures are broken, fixing as I speak

3 Likes

Pictures still broken

3 Likes

Also 12.2 acceleration is really fast for a beginner car

3 Likes

Pictures fixed and yes it is fast however the max accel needs adjusting
12. 2 is about where the in game model 3 4 door is ever so slightly slower
It’s max accel would be around 13.3… Realized the in game mustang is the 5.0 v8 more displacement more power
Other than that all is as accurate as it will get
It just seems overly fast and yes its stock form would be the strongest in beginner but the downside is the smaller displacement v6 (compared to v8, 3+8 is big for a v6 though)
It would have a very nice stock performance but engine wise it wouldn’t get a whole heck of a lot faster…
It’s handling however and durability are its two main strengths
Post is not done will finish later friends :)

3 Likes

wow are that Your fav Project car ?

4 Likes

if its have V8 ver i will buy the V8 ver
Because its have better balance(power deleverliy From the crank ) than V6 without balance shaf im isn’t mean all V6 are bad but Some of V6 are aso cool Like Nissan VG,VQ,VR its Pertty amazing engine

5 Likes

hair reveal

4 Likes

a

4 Likes

Nice car you got there

4 Likes

4 Likes

Handling stat added and oh shit I’m in one of the pictures has mental breakdown… jk
.-.
durability disc. added

5 Likes

That was a really bad picture of me lol I was gritting my teeth (one of my teeth is driving me up the wall currently)

4 Likes

door frame structure:

also, result of a 90mph spinning impact into a tree, driver walks away.

5 Likes

You know what to heck with it I might do face reveal soon I cant sit happy with that crappy picture

3 Likes

Another day, another car with pop-up headlights

4 Likes

did your truck get in another crash?

4 Likes

No its his new car

3 Likes

the truck in the left of one of the pictures?

4 Likes

Yeah I just dont drive it much anymore its pretty used up

3 Likes