My Experience with the Caparo T1 in Grid Autosport

I know nobody asked but I guess I’m gonna cover this anyways
Recently, I got Grid Autosport for my PS3 so that I could finally use it in a proper video game and I gotta say, I cannot believe how this is even road legal.
My Experience with it
The first time I drove it in the game was in Spa as a time trial and I drove it without TCS, and it wasn’t easy for this to properly grip but I will forgive it’s proneness to wheel-spin as I am playing Grid Autosport, the 3rd game in the Racedriver Grid series and as it may be leaning more towards the Sim-Racing category, it’s still a little bit of an Arcade game nevertheless
My thoughts
After driving this car, I decided to drive a Koenigsegg Agera R around the same track for reference and I’ll say this: The Agera R is faster on the straights but while braking and cornering, It was way worse. For the 1st corner, in the Agera R, I had to brake >150m before the corner so that I wouldn’t go off the track and I would take the corner at at least 30-40Mph. In the T1, I could brake 50-100m and I would be able to take the corner at 50-60Mph. Around Eau Rouge and on the 1st long straight, the Agera R is 10-15Mph faster but you would have to brake more earlier than the T1
With TCS
The next day, I drove the car around Brands Hatch for fun and decided to see which was better: TCS or not. So I did 1 lap without TCS and one with TCS and surprising as it seems, it was faster with TCS
Using it in a proper race
Now we go to the present day 2022-07-22T23:00:00Z and in the game, there are race seasons I could race in which is similar to real life where you could qualify to get a better starting position. From when I started the game, I raced in the Open-Wheeled category and was pretty dominant. For some seasons, you could compete in a club event which primarily uses road-legal race cars, however, the starting grid would be based on the season standings but reversed. The 1st time I properly raced using the T1 against AI was the present day and at the start of the race, the AI went mad when using the cars because they don’t use TCS. I set the AI to the hardest level so basically that meant that they were stupid quick, however, they were very aggressive and that race wasn’t any different as in the 1st corner, there was a big pileup and after the 1st lap, I managed to get from 16th to 1st and at that point, I created a 6.3s gap to 2nd place which doesn’t usually happen to me against the hardest AI
Final Verdict
The Caparo T1 is basically the hardest benchmark a road car can beat on a track. The handling for this road car in this game is basically the best by a big margin and driving this car gave me the most thrill any other road car couldn’t deliver and surprisingly a bargain for what your going to get in the game, however to master this machine, you would need to be an expert in all-round control of the car unless you have TCS on, in that case, you would be fine
Some pictures I have of this car

Good day to all of you!

4 Likes

I only read the first 50 words of it

2 Likes

The car can race, very cool :cool:

4 Likes

then read more

2 Likes

I mean, it’s placed in an open wheel class even though it’s a road car

Shows how dominant and practical it can be on a race track

2 Likes

damn i have grid autosport AND a ps3 as well, though i dont really like the game, i prefer grid 1

1 Like

I do have Racedriver Grid but prefer Autosport mainly due to proper handling physics

2 Likes

clearly you’ve never driven a fiat 126p on a highway

2 Likes

it would be boring asf anyways

2 Likes

welcome to real life

2 Likes

clearly you obviously don’t know how it feels to corner 3.5Gs

2 Likes

clearly you hate every car that doesn’t break your neck when it turns

3 Likes

clearly you hate every car that does

2 Likes

because when we’re both adults we’re not gonna own a top of the line supercar that costs $280,000 and also gives us a side effect of scoliosis, no, we’re gonna own a miata

learn to enjoy what you have

2 Likes

okay sure, but i never said I hated cars that couldn’t break my neck, I like the miata but I do like cars that pay more attention to cornering but has ok speed

(bruh u spent 4mins on that post)

2 Likes

because i’m in the middle of schiphol airport and i have other things to do

2 Likes

Schipol
(oh wait it’s in norway)

2 Likes

misspelled it, i meant the airport in amsterdam

2 Likes

ah so ur on ur summer holidays?

2 Likes

yeah, coming back from visiting my grandparents