How I accidentally caused a flame war

This is a small story involving this forum. Consider this post a teachable moment on what not to do when you create a post.

It was about 7:00 AM. I woke up 2 hours ago and had a cup of coffee. I was bored that morning because when I checked some sites (this one included) I saw that many people were saying so many good things about two cars.

The two of them were the Pontiac Firebird and the Caparo T1.

I will not get into debating the two cars because as Gus Says: Never make the same mistake twice.

So, out of sheer curiosity later turned regret, I turned on my phone and began to post about it, listing some of the flaws and pros that I know of and hoping that the debaters will list some more that I didn’t consider.

The debate was friendly and I was glad about it.
It was boring but it was the beginning so we haven’t gotten to the interesting parts yet.

It could have been better if it hadn’t devolved.

I do not know who but someone decided to set up a pretty rude comment.

IMO, this comment’s offensiveness factor was about a 4/10, considering it just seemed like those rude comments you would miss when you scroll.

And this was the one that sparked the flame war.

I had left my phone out for 30 minutes and I got more replies than ever. In some soon to be shattered hopes, I took a look.

And I saw mud getting slung.

The only thing I could do was to watch and occasionally say to “Stop arguing like children” but I think I made things worse. (Not good at talking.)

Soon it got out of hand and even I got a bit angry. A mod had to come in and shut the whole post down so it doesnt escalate further.

I dont even know who said what because I was too tweaky to even read them but I probably shouldn’t even bother anyways.

The only hero of the story was the mod who realized that shit done hit the fan and I thank him for that.

I also thank Turbo for being the few with the sense to not act like a toddler.

And I do not thank myself because I think I might be at fault for creating that post which the replyer ruined.

5 Likes

1 Like

sad peter

3 Likes

yeah

1 Like

enough to make a grown man cry

2 Likes

it’s just a car

1 Like

spongebob-spongebob-cry

1 Like

TLDR

1 Like

1 Like
2 Likes

1 Like

Instead of crying we must applaud @TurboOnz12 for not acting like a toddler and being a man

thanks bro, really appreciate the support

Your welcome bro :prettycoolngl:

i wonder why

1 Like

Yoooo samsies

1 Like

the song is a vibe

1 Like

quagmire