Gear changing controls

I had an idea for gear changing controls. I saw this on Trello and it gave me an idea. Manual Gear Change

This idea is for computer users only. (Sorry mobile people.) On the right side of your keyboard there is a set arrows pointing from left to right. If you press the right arrow it will change the gear from P to 1. If you press the right arrow again the gear will change from 1 to 2. If you press the left arrow it will go from 2 back to 1. Normally on regular cars there will be 6 gears in one car. If it does not make sense to you send me a chat and I will be as specific as you need. Thank you for reading. My username is HypersonicBoom1300.

3 Likes

I already suggested this with slightly different controls

2 Likes

Most games which use AC6 (The car system) uses Q and E to change gears, I think that would be better since most Robloxians are familiar with the controls of AC6 and there is really no point for a GUI as this can be quickly done using UserInputService

1 Like

no it would be hard to control any car as long as they add auto gear changing

1 Like

it’s not that hard, not even for mobile. Also doesn’t a suggestion have to he something Not on Trello?

1 Like

This isn’t suggesting manual itself, rather a concept of how it would work

1 Like

I am a mobile user :(

1 Like

I am too :/

1 Like

when i say hard is like needing to have a mini accelerometer on yours screen always looking to it to know the car wheel rotation to press and hold ctrl (clutch) and then press 1 2 3 4 5 6 to change gear and do this every single time you need to because i u not u motor will start to fail and if it fail to much it will explode making races 100000000000000000x hard cause sometimes you have to be really fast really quick not having time to change gear and some times you need to stop the car fast scrwing totally the gear exploding ur car million times making the game a true hell to drive cars being easier to take a rope tie it on the car and push it until it gets on the crusher .

and thats why manual gear changing would be bad

also i am lazy

1 Like