Flashing images

Should we introduce a ban or restriction on bright or flashy images? For example we have emotes that are flashy and it might trigger seizures. So I feel there should be more done to help protect these people who are sensitive to flashy stuff.Also it hurts people’s eyes too.

4 Likes

The car crushers game has flashy images itself and flashy images don’t hurt everyone’s eyes. However, there is generally not a need for flashy images and many people could have seizures from them. Changing this on our discord server probably won’t make a big impact on whether or not this happens tho as many people are in multiple discord servers, almost none of which likely have a ban of bright/flashy images. I think that this should be a change that discord itself might have to implement by having a switch to toggle flashy images, videos, and emotes and find out whether or not a vid/image has this using AI. Banning flashy images might make it harder for people to share important or funny videos, but it is generally less important than people’s health. I myself am indecisive on whether or not this should be implemented, but I think a better idea would be just to have mandatory spoilers on all these images and vids and have seizure warnings above them.

3 Likes

I like using flashy emotes at times when listening to great music so I disagree with getting rid of these

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.