Chrysler phaeton

Phaeton’s 132-inch (3353 mm) wheelbase and 22-inch wheels are powered by a 48-valve 5.4 liter aluminum V12 engine. Ride and handling are enhanced by an advanced suspension, similar to that of the Dodge Viper. The body-on-frame, rear wheel drive car used a four-speed automatic with a Dana 40 axle.

“We wanted Phaeton’s performance characteristics to be comparable to that of its inspirational father, the Newport,” said Walling. “After all, the Newport was the pace car of the Indianapolis 500 in 1941.”

Measurements are in inches/millimeters, unless otherwise specified. Length: 215.0/5461 Width: 78.0/1981 Height: 55.0/1397 Wheelbase: 132.0/3353 Front Track: 63.0/1600 Rear Track: 61.5/1562 Wheels: Cast Aluminum Front 8 x 22 Rear 8 x 22 Tires: Goodyear Front P245/55R22 Rear P245/55R22 Engine: 5.4 Liter V-12 425 hp (313 kW) (ACT) Suspension: Front Modified Double Wishbone Rear Independent Double “A” Arm Brakes ABS, four-wheel disc Transmission: Four-speed automatic Drivetrain: Rear wheel drive Dana 40 rear axle [1]
The Phaeton was inspired by Chrysler’s historic Newport Phaeton, and the Imperial Parade Phaeton. It had a 48-valve 5.4 L aluminum V12 rated at 425 hp. The suspension was a modified double wishbone with independent double A-arms. Another unique feature of the car was that it had gauges in the rear seats.

John E. Herlitz, Chrysler Corporation’s Vice President of Product Design, said, “Phaeton embraces and contemporizes elegant, classic design cues from historic touring automobiles of the 1930s, 40s and 50s.”

8 Likes

(ok so man turns into car, got it)

2 Likes

You’ve copied these text from Wikipedia! Stop doing this in our forum!

2 Likes

oh xd

2 Likes

ok xd It seems that someone had never copied wikipedia texts in this forum xd

2 Likes

Don’t rlly think that there’s anything wrong with that (I did it with my lost 1963 corvette suggestion) but unless there’s anything really meaningful and super cool about the car I feel like there should be top speed 0-60 and maybe braking distance or potential in game handling

3 Likes

Oh and horsepower and powertrain
Maybe specified if it’s NA or supercharged or turbocharged etc

3 Likes

Emm, what, you’ve converted this to a car suggestion?!

3 Likes

Cool Idea!

2 Likes

yes sorry

3 Likes

You spent just 10 seconds by looking in Wikipedia, copy pasting it, and calling it a day

I spend 10 minutes making a car suggestion and they don’t get that much attention

3 Likes

I don’t see any problem. They just happen to get more attention

2 Likes